Siargao Island Tourist Attractions

0
1209

Brief Description

Siargao Island is located in the Northeastern portion of Mindanao, under the geographic and political jurisdiction of the province and of Surigao del Norte. The Island which is also known as the Siargao Island Protected Landscapes and Seascapes (SIPLAS) is one of the three priority areas in Mindanao Biogeographic Zone. It has been characterized by unique ecosystems of marine, wetland, and terrestrial areas with promising tourism attractions due to its topography and geology. The protected area covers a total area of 278,914.131 hectares. Siargao’s cluster of Island and islets has a total land area of 62,796 hectares (22%) and the remaining 216,255 hectares (78%) comprises the marine areas.

Based on the Eastern Mindanao Biodiversity Corridor (EMBC) Conservation Framework, it is extremely high biological importance level for its terrestrial and inland water areas because of its diverse and endemic species of anthropoids, amphibians, reptiles, birds, terrestrial mammals, coral, mollusks, and mangroves. It is home to various endemic species and boasts of having one of the largest contiguous mangroves stands in Minding.

1Cloud 9 Boardwalk

General Luna, Siargao Island Philippines

Municipality of General Luna

Back