Quezon City authorities rounded up around 200 residents caught without face masks or not wearing them properly and fined them P300 each.
The violators were brought to the Quezon Memorial Circle on Wednesday morning for profiling and issuance of ordinance violation receipts (OVR), according to a report by James Agustin on GMA News’ Unang Balita.
The authorities from Task Force Disiplina, Task Force for Transport and Traffic Management, and the city’s Department of Public Order and Safety (DPOS) conducted the operation in 142 barangays, among them, Barangays Vasra and Bagong Pag-asa.
Persons with disability, pregnant women and minors were issued OVRs in the barangays and were not brought to Quezon Memorial Circle. For minors, the OVRs were issued to their parents.
Authorities said some of those caught may have other cases, thus the need for profiling.
After they are given OVRs, the violators will be sent home. They will have to pay the P300 fine at the Quezon City Hall.
UPDATE: Tuloy-tuloy pa rin ang pagdating ng mga nahuhuling mga residente matapos na makitang hindi nagsusuot ng facemask. Ito ay kasunod ng one-time big-time operation ng Quezon City Government laban sa mga pasaway. | via @allangatus pic.twitter.com/ok5sd7Jo3M
— DZBB Super Radyo (@dzbb) May 11, 2021
QC DPOS Traffic Operations OIC Dexter Cardenas told Dobol B sa News TV that around 200 violators were caught as of past 8 a.m.
Those who will not pay their fines will face charges in court for violating health protocols, he said.
President Rodrigo Duterte last week ordered police officers to detain and investigate people who are not wearing face masks and those who are not wearing them properly in public.
In his weekly talk to the people, Duterte said face masks were “a critical need” to stop the upsurge of COVID-19 cases. —KG, GMA News
Read more, click here: GMA News
7 Easy Ways To Make Extra Money At Home