SURFSIDE, Florida – Crews recovered 18 more bodies on Wednesday in the ruins of a Miami-area condo complex that collapsed nearly two weeks ago, and Florida officials said there was no longer hope that any of the nearly 100 people still missing might be found alive.
A total of 54 bodies have been recovered from the ruins of the Champlain Towers South building so far.
“It is with profound sadness that I’m able to share that we made extremely difficult decision to shift from operation search and rescue to recovery,” Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava told an afternoon news conference.
Earlier, Ray Jadallah, assistant chief of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, told family members during a private briefing that the search and rescue operation was now considered a recovery mission with “zero chance” of finding survivors. — Reuters
Read more, click here: GMA News