With the sudden spike of COVID 19 positive cases in the locality and the upcoming Annual Town Fiesta celebration of the Municipality of General Luna, the local government unit upon recommendation of the Municipal Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has placed the identified areas or residences with confirmed COVID 19 positive cases under micro-granular lockdown and imposes strict movement restrictions while in the observance of the town fiesta pursuant to Executive Order No. 045, Series of 2021 issued by Hon. Cecilia L. Rusillon, Municipal Mayor effective September 19, 2021 to September 23, 2021.
The Order highlights the following guidelines and regulations to be observed strictly while on granular lockdown and movement restrictions:
· Strict Stay at Home for areas or residencies under micro-granular lockdown. These include identified areas from top 3 barangays with cases and recorded confirmed COVID DEATHS (historically and for new cases) namely Brgys. CATANGNAN, CONSUELO, and POBLACION 5.
· Bar entry of non-residents and visitors within GL proper while in the observance of town fiesta except for tourists with complete travel documents/requirements set forth under the existing EO issued by the Provincial Governor and provided that the same must have an Acceptance Letter issued by the local government unit.
· Non-essential mass gatherings and activities such as but not limited to musical events, videoke bars, disco pubs, resto bars, parties, outdoor gatherings such as picnics and the like, garage sales, bazaars, closing sales, other nightlife gimmicks, and other gatherings/events that might draw crowds are strictly prohibited.
· “No Sail Policy” for inbound non-residents of General Luna
· Curfew Hours from 9:00PM to 5:00AM
· Liquor ban on September 21-22, 2021
· Checkpoints in Brgy. Consuelo, Brgy. Malinao, and Brgy. Sta. Cruz 24 hours a day from September 19-23, 2021
· The EO is effective from September 19 up to September 23, 2021 except for the granular lockdown which shall end after 14 days from the effectivity of the Order or extendable upon the recommendation of the Municipal Health Officer.
The declaration aims to regulate the influx of visitors to prevent the possible spread of the virus and to ensure the safety and protection of everyone. We encouraged households to celebrate the feast with our immediate family only with strict compliance of the basic health protocols at all times.
Keep safe and happy fiesta!
You can share your island experience/adventure too, just fill up this form and write a short story of at least 350 words. Photos should not exceed 1500x1500px.
Please provide your social media links like:
and or Website