Residents and the provincial government of Cagayan and Isabela braced for the possible onslaught of Typhoon Goring, which continued to intensify on Saturday.
According to GMA Regional TV One North Central Luzon Jasmin Gabriel-Galban’s report on 24 Oras Weekend, the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) was monitoring ten municipalities in Cagayan due to the risk of flash floods, landslides, and storm surges.
The PDRRMO deployed rescue personnel who stood ready to implement forced evacuations. Over 10,000 food packs were also ready for distribution.
At 5 p.m., PAGASA raised Signal No. 3 in northeastern Cagayan (Santa Ana) and the extreme eastern portion of Isabela (Divilacan, Palanan).
Meanwhile, Batanes residents and government offices were advised to secure their roofs.
Sea trips from Itbayat Island were suspended due to strong waves, but travel from Sabtang Island would continue. The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) was closely monitoring the area.
In Ilocos Sur, the river between the municipality of Sigay and Gregorio del Pilar overflowed, while two cities experienced power outages in Banayoyo.
The provincial government also prepared various evacuation centers as Goring will likely affect the same areas that Severe Tropical Storm Betty and Super Typhoon Egay had affected.
Meanwhile, PAGASA raised Signal No. 2 in the following areas:
- the eastern portion of Isabela (Dinapigue, San Mariano, Ilagan City, Maconacon, Cabagan, Tumauini, San Pablo)
- the eastern portion of Cagayan (Peñablanca, Baggao, Gattaran, Lal-Lo, Gonzaga, Santa Teresita, Buguey)
- the northern portion of Aurora (Dilasag, Casiguran)
Signal No. 1 was raised over:
- the rest of Cagayan, including Babuyan Islands
- northern and central portion of Aurora (Dinalungan, Dipaculao, Baler, Maria Aurora, San Luis)
- the rest of Isabela
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Mountain Province
- the eastern portion of Ilocos Norte (Pagudpud, Adams, Vintar, Carasi, Nueva Era, Banna, Marcos, Dingras, Solsona, Piddig, Dumalneg, Bangui)
- Pollilo Islands
- the eastern portion of Benguet (Bokod, Buguias, Kabayan, Mankayan)
- the eastern portion of Nueva Ecija (Carranglan, Pantabangan, Bongabon, Gabaldon, Laur, Rizal)
- Calaguas Island
— Sherylin Untalan/DVM, GMA Integrated News
Read more, click here: GMA News