Tropical Storm Crising has weakened into a Tropical Depression and makes landfall over Baganga, Davao Oriental on Thursday evening, according to the Severe Weather Bulletin posted by PAGASA.
Moderate to heavy rains may be experienced (especially in the upland and mountainous areas) is expected over Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, Davao City, Cotabato, Maguindanao, Bukidnon, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Misamis Occidental, Zamboanga del Sur, and the northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte.
As of 10 pm on Thursday, the center of Crising was estimated in the vicinity of New Bataan, Davao de Oro with maximum sustained winds of 55 kilometers per hour near the center and gustiness of up to 90 kph and moving westward at 20 kph.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 1 is hoisted over the following areas:
- the southeastern portion of Negros Oriental (Dumaguete City, Valencia, Sibulan, Santa Catalina, Siaton, Zamboanguita, Dauin, Bacong)
- the southern portion of Surigao del Sur (Barobo, Tagbina, Hinatuan, City of Bislig, Lingig)
- the central and southern portions of Agusan del Sur (Esperanza, San Francisco, Talacogon, San Luis, Rosario, Bunawan, Trento, La Paz, Loreto, Veruela, Santa Josefa)
- Davao Oriental
- Davao de Oro
- Davao del Norte
- Davao City
- the northern portion of Cotabato (Magpet, Arakan, Antipas, President Roxas, Matalam, City of Kidapawan, Kabacan, Carmen, Banisilan, Alamada)
- the northern portion of Maguindanao (Buldon, Barira, Matanog)
- Lanao del Norte
- Lanao del Sur
- Misamis Occidental
- the central and western portions of Misamis Oriental (Claveria, Balingasag, Lagonglong, Jasaan, Villanueva, Tagoloan, Cagayan de Oro City, Opol, City of El Salvador, Alubijid, Laguindingan, Gitagum, Libertad, Initao, Naawan, Manticao, Lugait)
- the northeastern portion of Zamboanga del Sur (Midsalip, Sominot, Dumingag, Molave, Mahayag, Josefina, Tambulig, Ramon Magsaysay, Aurora, Tukuran, Labangan)
- the northeastern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Sergio Osmeña Sr., Katipunan, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, Jose Dalman, Manukan, Dipolog City, Polanco, Piñan, Mutia, Dapitan City, Sibutad, Rizal, La Libertad)
PAGASA added that strong breeze to near gale conditions is likely over the localities where Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 1 is in effect, especially in the coastal and mountainous areas of these localities.
Over the seaboards, moderate to rough seas will be experienced. So, mariners of small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over these waters. Inexperienced mariners of these vessels should avoid navigating in these conditions.
Tropical Depression Crising is forecast to move westward or west northwestward and cross Mindanao on Thursday evening through Friday evening. — BAP, GMA News