Seven areas were placed under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 3 on Tuesday as Typhoon Jolina (international name: Conson) made landfall over Dimasalang, Masbate and continued traversing over mainland Masbate.
In its 11 a.m. bulletin, PAGASA said TCWS No. 3 was raised over the following areas:
- the extreme southern portion of Quezon (San Francisco, San Narciso, San Andres, Mulanay, Buenavista, Catanauan);
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands;
- the western portion of Albay (Pio Duran, City of Ligao, Oas, Libon, Jovellar);
- the western portion of Sorsogon (Matnog, Bulan, Magallanes, Pilar, Castilla, Donsol);
- the northwestern portion of Samar (Calbayog City, Tagapul-An, Santo Niño, Almagro);
- the extreme western portion of Northern Samar (San Antonio, Capul, San Vicente, San Isidro); and
- the northern portion of Biliran (Maripipi)
TCWS No. 2 meanwhile was hoisted over the following areas:
- the central and southern portions of Quezon (Real, Mauban, Sampaloc, Lucban, City of Tayabas, Sariaya, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macalelon, General Luna, Lopez, Guinayangan, Calauag, Quezon, Alabat, Perez, Tagkawayan);
- the southeastern portion of Batangas (Padre Garcia, Rosario, San Juan, Lobo, Taysan);
- the western portion of Camarines Norte (Capalonga, Jose Panganiban, Labo, San Vicente, San Lorenzo Ruiz, Santa Elena);
- the western and southern portions of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Lupi, Ragay, Libmanan, Sipocot, Cabusao, Pasacao, Pamplona, Gainza, Camaligan, Canaman, Magarao, Bombon, Naga City, Pili, Ocampo, Iriga City, Sagñay, Buhi, Milaor, San Fernando, Minalabac, Bula, Nabua, Baao, Balatan, Bato, Calabanga);
- the rest of Albay;
- the rest of Sorsogon;
- the eastern portion of Romblon (Cajidiocan, Magdiwang, San Fernando, Romblon, Corcuera, Banton, Concepcion);
- the western portion of Northern Samar (Lavezares, Allen, Victoria, Rosario, San Jose, Bobon, Catarman, Lope de Vega, Mondragon, San Roque, Pambujan, Silvino Lobos, Biri);
- the northern portion of Samar (Santa Margarita, Gandara, San Jose de Buan, Matuguinao, San Jorge, Pagsanghan, Tarangnan, City of Catbalogan, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas, Hinabangan, San Sebastian, Calbiga, Pinabacdao, Villareal, Santa Rita, Talalora, Daram, Zumarraga);
- Leyte; and
- the rest of Biliran.
TCWS No. 1 is meanwhile raised over the following:
- Nueva Ecija
- the southeastern portion Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda)
- the southern portion Aurora (Dingalan, San Luis, Maria Aurora, Baler),
- the southern portion of Zambales (Masinloc, Palauig, Iba, Botolan, Cabangan, San Felipe, San Marcelino, San Narciso, San Antonio, Castillejos, Subic,
- Olongapo City)
- Metro Manila
- the rest of Batangas
- the rest of Romblon
- Oriental Mindoro
- and the northern portion Occidental Mindoro (Abra de Ilog, Paluan, Mamburao, Santa Cruz, Sablayan, Lubang Islands)
- the rest of Quezon
- the rest of Camarines Norte
- and the rest of Camarines Sur
- Eastern Samar
- the rest of Samar
- the rest of Northern Samar
- the northern portion of Cebu (Daanbantayan, Medellin, Santa Fe, Bantayan Islands, City of Bogo, San Remigio, Tabogon, Borbon, Tabuelan, Sogod, Tuburan, Catmon, Carmen, Danao City, Asturias, Compostela, Camotes Islands, Liloan, Consolacion, Cebu City, Balamban, Mandaue City)
- the northern portion Negros Occidental (Cadiz City, Manapla, Enrique B. Magalona, City of Victorias, Sagay City, City of Escalante, Toboso, Calatrava, Silay City)
- the northern portion of Iloilo (Carles, Estancia, Balasan, Batad, San Dionisio, Concepcion, Sara, Ajuy, Lemery, San Rafael, Barotac Viejo, City of Passi,
“In the next 12 hours, Jolina will continue to move generally west northwestward traversing Masbate and Ragay Gulf before making another landfall in the vicinity of southeastern Quezon tonight (Tuesday) or tomorrow (Wednesday) early morning,” PAGASA said.
Jolina will then briefly emerge over Lopez Bay before making landfall in the vicinity of northern Quezon, the weather bureau added. The tropical cyclone is then forecast to cross Central Luzon (roughly to the east and north of Metro Manila).
PAGASA said Jolina is forecast to emerge over the West Philippine Sea before noon on Thursday.
As of 10 a.m., the center of the eye of Typhoon Jolina was estimated based on all available data in the vicinity of Dimasalang, Masbate, packing maximum sustained winds of 120 km/h near the center, gustiness of up to 150 km/h, and central pressure of 990 hPa.
Is is moving west northwestward at 15 km/h, with strong winds or higher extend outwards up to 180 km from the center.
No major damage has so far been reported, but the province of Eastern Samar has had a power outage, Governor Ben Evardone earlier said on Dobol B TV on Tuesday.
However, they are currently conducting a rapid assessment with emergency teams and personnel from the local government unit.
The governor said Hernani, Eastern Samar Mayor Amado Candido told him a highway was rendered unpassable and some structures with light materials were damaged.
Evardone said they already advised fishermen not to venture out into the sea on Monday in anticipation of the strong waves caused by the typhoon.
—KG/RSJ, GMA News